Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Better Late Than Never...

I arrived in Portland back on June 6th, more or less. My Mom and I drove out from North Dakota. It was a really beautiful drive, although I knew I would really miss all my friends back in ND dearly, this was what I had to do. Having my Mom with me helped me so much. No matter how old I am, I will always need the comfort of my mother.

I had lived in Portland back in '99 and it had been calling me back ever since. When we drove into Northwest Portland, I really felt like I had finally gone home. My life has changed so much in the last year and this blog will take you through those changes and through my new life's adventures. I'm going to be writing posts about this summer, although the Fall is almost here. I had such a fun summer, I have to write about it!

When I arrived, I stayed at Jeannet and her families house out in Scappoose, until I could get settled on my own. Jeannet is one of my closest friends. We have been friends since 1st grade and she has always been there when I needed her the most. I am so thankful for good friends! I don't know what I would have done without them!

I knew I wanted to be in the thick of things in Portland, so I narrowed my search to Northwest Portland. Thank goodness for Craigslist! I found the perfect apartment, in the perfect neighborhood, for the perfect price! Once I got all that taken care of, the furniture shopping began...what fun! I LOVE to shop! A new start in a new city with all new assets! Oh Happy Day!

My next task was to get enrolled in school. I decided I wanted to enroll in an accelerated program, so as to earn more money ASAP. Once my course is done (approximately a year from October), I will enroll at Portland State or the University of Portland, or...well, I have quite a few to choose from, so in about 6 months, I'll have to sit down and figure out which is best suited for my needs. My enrollment was successful and I was able to get a grant for my tuition!

Things are really looking up for me in PDX!

No comments: