Friday, August 31, 2007

L'Arrivo Dell'Italiano




Amidst my medical chaos, arrived my angel. Ale was set to arrive on July 28th, but it wasn't without a hitch. The morning of his expected arrival, I get a phone call. It was Ale and he sounded pretty upset. He said, "Baby, I don't have the ticket." And I said, "What do you mean??" "The (insert explative) travel agent have mess up my reservation. She make it for the August 28 instead of July 28. I'm try to fix it, but I don't know, baby" Oh crap. I never heard him so angry. Long story short, a really nice person at the airport (unusual in Rome, not sure about Milano) was able to change his reservation. He got here on June 29th, one day later. He had to stay over night in Chicago. As long as he got here, that's all that mattered.

I was so excited to see him when I picked him up at the airport. He looked so cute standing there at the baggage claim. He had a long trip so I decided his first meal in Portland should be at a place unique to Oregon (and Washington). So I took him to McMenamin's Kennedy School. McMenamin's is a pub, or are pubs, I should say, all over Oregon and I believe there is one in Washington. They brew their own beer and also make their own wine. I ordered the Ale sampler for him so he could try the different brews and he ordered a burger, of course. He started to eat it with a knife and fork when I stopped him dead in his tracks. "Aspetta amore, you have to pick it up with your hands" When he picked it up, he said "Mamma Mia, I can fit this in my mouth???" Haha! Yep, you can do it!
He was just what I needed and I planned a lot of things for us. This was going to be the best summer ever!

No comments: