Friday, April 11, 2008

More Confessions to Our Lady of Weightloss

Dear Lady of Weightloss,

I've been bad, really bad. The first three days of my Extreme Fast Smash were good. I was hungry, but I stuck to the plan. The fourth day I went to a birthday party and totally blew it. I haven't gotten back on the plan since but I'm not giving up. I'm going to have another go at it starting tomorrow. I'm also starting a kick-boxing class tomorrow. I need some serious will power. The season for parties and bbq's is just about here and I need to be strong. Sunday I am going wine-tasting for a friends birthday and I'm only going to allow myself a few sips. No cheese and I'll probably pack some carrot sticks. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

sabauda said...

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE! I'm currently doing Weight Watchers (online, since it closed down in Italy in 2006). Auguri to you and remember one day at a time!! Laurie

Jessica said...

You can drink limited wine on the diet. I think it is 2 glasses a week (which I discovered a glass is pretty close to a cup of wine if you want a easy way to measure it), so you should be fine at the wine tasting. Also, eat one of your meals before you go to the party so you won't be as hungry and tempted. Have a few things, but not a WHOLE plate full. This way you will feel like you are participating and not missing out too much. Just try to stick to it as close as you can, I still saw results without doing any of the exercises! I am trying to stay on course as well but with our upcoming move I haven't been doing to great, even though I have lost a kilo!?! Hang in there!

JoernandAllison said...

Best of luck to you with the diet! It really takes a lot of strength.
I hope you are enjoying your time in the NW. I am hoping to make it out there, it must be so beautiful!

Piccola said...

Laurie-You are absolutely right. I just need to be more patient with myself.

Jessica-Thanks! I guess it's best not to deprive myself, but also not to indulge myself. I have to find a happy medium.

Allison-Thanks! It is really beautiful here in the NW. I love it. We are surrounded by nature. Let me know if you do make it here.