Monday, May 19, 2008

Taking a Stroll in my 'Hood Northwest Portland

We had such nice weather this weekend that I decided to take my camera with me when I walked to church this Sunday. Here are just a few sights of my beautiful neighborhood. This is just outside the church.



This next picture was taking from Couch Park looking down 20th St.



Random shot of some beautiful flowers on 20th St.



I love this condo building on the corner of Irving and 20th. Very Spanish style with lots of character.



So many beautiful flowers are in bloom all over Portland.



Just one of many big beautiful homes that Northwest Portland is famous for. The founding fathers of Portland built their homes in this neighborhood.



Did you know that Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons, is from Portland and he named lots of the characters after streets in Northwest Portland. Quimby, Lovejoy, etc. Yep, interesting fact.



Stay tuned for more sights around Portland. I plan on going out (as long as the weather is good!) and taking more pics of the different sights and Portland haunts.

No comments: